A terrific brochure: The Truth About Planned Parenthood. Please read and share!
Here are some facts about Planned Parenthood, any one of which should render them ineligible for any government funding.
1. They crush and dismember innocent but unwanted human beings for a living. That is their primary revenue source. Abortion is not health care.
2. They have been caught countless times, both on audio and on video, hiding statutory rape. That alone should result in them being not only being de-funded but put out of business. Businesses who commit serial felonies don’t get to point to other (alleged) good things they do to avoid responsibility.
See Planned Parenthood Never Told Parents of Abortion on Raped 12-Year-Old for an example. They will kill your grandchild, perform an incredibly serious surgery on your daughter and protect her rapist — for a fee. Oh, and using your taxes. It is so sad that false teachers support them and claim Jesus’ support for it. Such blasphemy!
3. They have been caught many times hiding sex trafficking, which includes victims of human trafficking.
4. Their CEO falsely claimed that Planned Parenthood provides mammograms and that a loss of Federal funding would end these. How many CEOs don’t know what services their organization provides? Was this incompetence or a deliberate lie about a highly emotional, most-favored-disease issue to sustain public funding for her organization? Why hasn’t she or the mainstream media highlighted and corrected this error?
5. Planned Parenthood is not the only provider of these non-abortion services. If taxpayer funding of PP ended these services could easily be provided elsewhere – preferably somewhere that doesn’t kill humans beings, hide statutory rape, hide sex traffickers / human traffickers, etc.
6. According to PP’s research arm, 54% of abortions are performed on women who were on birth control. Their business model is not working to prevent pregnancies, it is working to generate abortions. That statistic exposes the lie that more birth control distribution will reduce abortions. PP wants to reduce abortions in the same way McDonald’s wants to sell less hamburgers.
8. Planned Parenthood targets minorities and is the largest provider of abortions in the U.S. Abortion rates for blacks are 3x that of whites and the rate for HIspanics is 2x that of whites. Margaret’s dream lives on.
9. They aggressively promote their worldview to teens, encouraging them to ignore their parents and their religion, via their public school lessons and their youth website, Teenwire. They discourage parents from viewing it, of course. You can find lots of valuable advice [sarcasm intended], like the tidbit from a 14-year-old girl who said that kids shouldn’t have sex until they are mature enough to know how to use a condom and their official advice that, “Hooking up is only one way to get close to someone.” They regularly promote anal sex as a good way to avoid pregnancy (technically true, though it won’t prevent disease transmission and is not advice most people want their kids to hear).
It follows the same philosophy they use in the classroom, which is to steer kids away from parental authority and to make decisions about sexuality on their own. They don’t offer any limits to children, other than telling them that the kids should decide when they are “ready.” They encourage them to experiment with sex and their sexual orientation.
Most of the offenses are too perverse to list on this blog, but here is a sample of how they encourage kids to ignore their parents and their religion (from the Canada site; the link to the original post from Dawn Eden’s site is broken):
Maybe your religion or parents are influencing your decision. Take control. Remind yourself that what you do is always a choice. You choose whether to follow the values of your religion. You choose whether to be honest with your parents. They may not be easy choices, and others may not agree with the choices you make. But they are still YOUR choices and they should be based on what’s important to you.
10. Planned Parent used to claim that “An abortion kills the life of a baby after it has begun.” At least that was their view in this 1964 advertisement. Did they learn anything about science in the few years after that when they changed their minds? Of course not. Science couldn’t be more clear: A new human being is created at conception. Planned Parenthood is about making money off abortions and about advancing their perverse ideology with your money.
Do not miss this video, but don’t let your kids watch it, either:
11. PP has not accounted for millions of dollars given to them.
12. If PP’s supporters care so much for these non-abortion services, why don’t they open their own wallets and give? There are more crisis pregnancy centers than abortion clinics, and nearly all run with no government funding (the center where I’m a volunteer and board member refuses any government funds). It doesn’t seem very pro-choice to force people to fund the array of perversions, immorality and broken laws we see with Planned Parenthood.
13. PP doesn’t pay these salaries based on how many condoms they give away, they get it from performing 329,455 abortions. (P.S. they are the 1%.)
President Cecile Richards $353,819
Chief Operating Officer Maryana Iskander $288,886
Chief Financial Officer Maria Acosta $263,443
VP of Medical Affairs Vanessa Cullins $257,115
VP of General Counsel Barbara Otten $251,379
VP of Public Policy Laurie Rubiner $248,438
VP of Operations Karen Ruffatto $247,932
VP of Affiliates Lisa David $245,322
16. PP encourages their employees to lie about breaking laws but will not protect them.
17. They aggressively promote filth to youth – they assume that every relationship will involve sex and that you will go from one sex relationship to another. They pretend that people will actually follow their advice (Yeah, sure, people will always use condoms for oral sex. Because gays would never rebel and break any safe sex rules!)
18. Planned Parenthood lies about its botched abortions. Apparently and organization that kills unwanted human beings and perverts the minds of kids for a living doesn’t mind lying to help their business.
Our investigation exposes not only how unsafe Planned Parenthood clinics can be for women, but also how dishonest and untrustworthy Planned Parenthood is to the very women it claims to defend,” says Rose. “How shameful that two months after their clinic botched an abortion that took the life of 24-year old Tonya Reaves and her pre-born baby, Planned Parenthood lies to the public and pretends nothing happened. When it comes to the lethal dangers of its billion-dollar abortion business, no lie is too audacious for Planned Parenthood.
19. They would rather go back on their word and destroy a breast cancer charity than part ways amicably.
20. They try to deceive people by saying that only 3% of their business is abortion-related. But 10% of the clients get abortion, and each one gets lots of services. And even if 0.000001% of their business was from killing unwanted human beings they should be shut down. A full analysis is here.