So the Democrats are going to run with the “Akin’s gaffe applies to all Republicans even though almost 100% have denounced it” theme at their convention and they are going to trot out Bill Clinton to speak there and in swing states? Please feel free to remind people of the following:
- A President who abused his power to have sex with an intern doesn’t make the best pro-women role model — especially when he was in the process of completely destroying her before he found out about the dress.
- Just because he was President in the 90’s doesn’t mean he gets credit for everything good that happened then. Remember that two of his better moves — welfare reform and NAFTA — were more Conservative than Liberal and that the Republican Congress stopped him from doing a lot damage with healthcare reform and more. He should send New Gingrich a thank-you note every year. Oh, and there was that little thing called the PC Revolution / Internet Bubble that did marvelous things for the economy in general and tax revenues in particular. Clinton got the bubble and Bush got the damage when it burst. But I don’t recall Bush blaming Clinton.
- If Democrats really care about rape, then they should whale on people like Whoopi Goldberg who said basically the same thing as Akin, and they should really pounce on people like accused rapist Bill Clinton.
- Clinton was (is?) a serial adulterer. Tell me again how that is pro-women?
- Even Democratic Senator Claire McCaskill was on record saying that, “I don’t want my daughter near him.“
- Democrats love abortion so much that they will ignore all the horrible things Clinton means for women as long as he lets them kill their unborn children.
- If Obama is so pro-“equal pay,” why are women underpaid in his White House?
- If the Democrats are so pro-women, why don’t they oppose gender-selection abortions, nearly all of which crush and dismember females for the sole reason that they are unwanted for being female? It is the ultimate misogyny, fully supported by the Left.
- Remind them of Al Franken’s jokes about raping reporter Leslie Stahl.
- Remind them that unemployment has been worse for women and blacks under the Obama administration.
- If they really care about rape, then ask them why they don’t protest Planned Parenthood for systematically hiding statutory rape and sex trafficking. The audio and video evidence against them is overwhelming. Start by asking them, “Are all rapes pretty much equally bad, as Akin’s critics have noted? OK, so let’s talk about Planned Parenthood . . .”
- Also, ask them how it qualifies as pro-women to cheer at the funding losses of the Komen Foundation just because they dared to cut a tiny fraction of Planned Parenthood’s funding.
- Pretty much anything you can mention about Ted Kennedy should be effective as well.
Don’t let the Left get away with whitewashing Clinton and their anti-women policies. Make their claims boomerang on them just like the silly dog issue (yeah, Romney had his on the roof of his car, but Obama ate a dog). And then there’s the latest “Oh, the humanity” reaction that Romney made a birth certificate quip. Somehow that is unacceptable, unlike accusing your opponent of being a cancer-causing felon and abandoning tradition to make waves during his convention.
The war on women – yet pandering to Islam.