In the interest of being fair and balanced, be sure to read Why do you Christians always throw the Bible in my face?
Warm-up: Please read about these gears and seriously meditate on whether you think they just evolved to fit together and operate like this. More here.
Now see this link about pictures on fruit fly wings. Do you seriously think that those clear pictures just evolved?
Now go to the 4:30 mark of this video and see what this octopus does. Evolutionists would have you believe that this octopus evolved via random mutations to be able to change its (1) brightness, (2) pattern, (3) color and (4) texture to match the surrounding algae. Hat tip: Uncommon Descent
UPDATE 3: Please watch this video — especially if you are a Dawkins fan. You’ll love it.
UPDATE 2: Here are special articles that visitors should enjoy: The Atheist’s Dilemma and To the atheists who judge God. Also see Simple Yet Powerful Apologetics for additional examples of our facts and logic.. Oh, and everything else on this blog! And if you love or hate my blog, you will really love or hate the Wintery Knight blog, so definitely don’t miss that!
And definitely don’t miss Evolutionist: Let’s Admit it, We Don’t Fully Understand How Evolution Works.
Also, I continue to get unproductive comments making it obvious that this post wasn’t read. If it is apparent from future comments that you haven’t read it then they won’t be approved.
For example, I concede that Wright isn’t a good scientist or debater, yet no one notices that. They ignore the challenge to explain why Dawkins says he won’t debate leaders in the field then debates an easy target like Wright. They ignore his errors on “junk DNA.” They ignore his ghoulish and creepy views on pedophilia, infanticide, abortion and adultery. And so on.
Oh, and if you are an atheist, please own it and don’t lie and pretend to be a pro-evolution Christian. Busted!
UPDATE: Hello visitors! I hope you enjoy this post and come back regularly. If you go to the main page you can subscribe via email in the upper right hand corner. You are welcome to comment, but please read the entire post and stick to the topics here. It isn’t productive to just leave hostile sound bites. Please read the most recent comments for examples. The most amusing thing is that I realized the original video link no longer exists yet people are leaving nasty comments as if they watched it. Please be sure to read this post about historical facts and our logical conclusions from them before telling us how we are anti-logic, brainwashed, etc.
I’m disappointed that people continue to comment with fact-free Darwinian cheer-leading and ignore specific points about the errors of Dawkins and other evolutionists on things like “junk DNA.” Do the commenters not know about those? If not, why weren’t they aware?
And how about Dawkins’ repugnant and inconsistent beliefs on infanticide and adultery, or his refusal to debate scientists and philosophers who are much more skilled than Wright?
It seems like these people have been brainwashed by the education, mainstream media and entertainment establishments and are not thinking critically. If we supposedly evolved to believe lies about religion then how can you be sure you didn’t evolve to believe lies about evolution?
Richard Dawkins has long insisted that he won’t debate creationists because it would elevate them more than him and other such excuses. But he apparently found a creationist he wasn’t scared of debating (apparently the guy who won’t debate “creationists” spent an hour with her!). This is too bad, because now he’ll never dare to debate someone like Stephen Meyer or William Lane Craig (even atheists have mocked him for that bit of cowardice). If a non-scientist / non-philosopher like Wright can show how ridiculous his views are then the scientists and philosophers would eat his lunch. Is she a good scientist or debater? Not at all, but he is worse.
He disingenuously tries to write off the Haeckel’s embryo fraud as a “Victorian mistake,” when he knows it lasted over a century in our country’s textbooks. That is deception, and people with the truth on their side and who are confident in their views don’t need that.
When she pointed out the obvious, namely that DNA shows commonality and is not necessarily proof of evolution, he immediately launched into his personal attacks about hidden agendas and rejection of science. Hmmmm . . . if hidden agendas are possible, perhaps he has one? Oh yes, he does: His rationalizes that his brand of evolution makes it possible to be an intellectually satisfied atheist — even though evolution can’t explain the origin of the universe, how life came from non-life and more. His desperation to rationalize his rebellion against God leads him to ignore vast amounts of evidence.
Speaking of rejecting science, it is too bad she didn’t ask him to share his views on “junk DNA.” I wonder if he is remorseful about being so forceful just a few years ago about how it is evidence for evolution. Turns out it wasn’t junk after all — just like Intelligent Design would have predicted. That sound you hear in the background is the New Atheists scrambling to pretend that the fact that DNA does’t have “junk” is evidence for their side instead of an embarrassing mistake they made.
I also wonder if he even knows about front-loaded DNA and how that doesn’t fit the Darwinian model.
She nails him on who really wants to present all the evidence. She shows the logical conclusions of the Darwinian worldview and he attributes that to the Victorians as well (wow, what an awful age!). Richard seems to have grasped that it is always nice to have a scapegoat. It is right out of Leviticus 16! But if his worldview is true, there is no reason for him to criticize the Victorians or anyone else. Blind, purposeless evolution must have made them do it. What else could have caused it?
And don’t forget that Richard Dawkins defends the moral goodness of infanticide and adultery. Wouldn’t you love to be his child or spouse? At least he was (temporarily) consistent with his worldview, even though he hides it at other times.
Then there is this recent anti-science gem by Dawkins:
With respect to those meanings of ‘human’ that are relevant to the morality of abortion, any fetus is less human than an adult pig.
Dawkins and most pro-abortion people ignore the scientific fact (and basic common sense) that a new human being is created at fertilization. How anti-science can you get to disagree with all the mainstream embryology textbooks? And he’s a biologist!
As always, remember that:
1. Darwinian evolution has huge issues scientifically speaking, but even if it was true it wouldn’t prove atheism true. That’s because it doesn’t explain how the universe came into existence, how life came from non-life, and how to ground things like morality. These are enormous issues that Darwinism doesn’t and will never address.
2. Darwinian evolution has huge issues scientifically speaking, but even if it was true it would select for survival, not truth. Darwinists have no reason for confidence that their evolution resulted in them being able to discern the truth. If believing lies helped the species survive better — including lies about evolution — then that’s what would happen.
3. Darwinian evolution has huge issues scientifically speaking, but even if it is true it is 100.00% responsible for my conversion from atheism to Christianity, based on my belief in the evidence that Jesus lived, died and rose again for my sins. So don’t be mad at me for believing in God, be mad at your beloved Darwinian evolution. (Thanks, btw, as I wouldn’t trade the joy and peace of being a Christian for anything.)
4. Atheism has no logical explanation for Christianity, but Christianity knows why atheists are the way they are. Romans 1:18-20 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
5. You don’t get to unilaterally set the terms and conditions with God any more than you do with your parents, employer or teachers. If you think you get to sit in judgment of the creator of the universe then you are being foolish.
6. We have great evidence for the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. Eternity is a long time. Repent, believe and bask in God’s grace while you can! If you come to him on his terms He will adopt you, forgive all your sins and grant you an eternity with him in Heaven. If not, you will spend an eternity in Hell. Your pride will vanish in the instant that you die and realize that your rebellion against your creator has bought you nothing of value in this life and nothing but torment forever. All the pleasure of sins that you thought a God-free universe would bring will leave you empty and worse off.
But God loves to forgive, so turn to him while there is still time. Find a good, Bible-believing church and study the Bible carefully as much as possible. Do it while you still have time. You can take the punishment for your countless sins, or trust in the Savior that died in your place to accomplish what you never could.